|← Previous Photo||Next Photo →|
Date of photo: Early 1900s
Carson City's Central School was built in 1906 at the corner of King and Division streets. It replaced an earlier wooden schoolhouse a couple of blocks away. This seems to be a pretty early view of the school, since there is no landscaping around it yet. Apparently the entire student body turned out for this photo. Nearly all of Carson's students attended school here until a new high school was built nearby.
Date Uploaded: October 25, 2008
Permanent Link: http://wnhpc.com/details/postcard0031
View on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/scottschrantz/2972654141