|← Previous Photo||Next Photo →|
In 1894 the three-story St. Charles Hotel merged with the two-story Muller Hotel next door to become the Briggs House. It kept this name until 1910, when it was renamed the Golden West Hotel. This photo seems to be taken soon after the merger. Several men have lined up along the sidewalk for this portrait, including what looks like some of the kitchen staff. A few women are in their best hoop skirts for the occasion, both on the sidewalk and up on the balcony. Most of the men are probably patrons of the bar and residents of the hotel.
Date Uploaded: November 16, 2008
Source: Nevada Appeal, November 16, 2008
View on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/scottschrantz/3035309691