|← Previous Photo||Next Photo →|
Date of photo: 1930s
Source: Around Carson Photos
This is the St. Charles Hotel, disguised under the name "Travelers". A lonely couple of cars are parked out front along Carson Street, and there seems to still be a little unmelted snow in the gutters. The hotel held the name "Travelers" from 1928 to 1946, through the Great Depression and World War II. The cars suggest its towards the earlier half of that era.
Here the downstairs establishments are called the Travelers Bar and the Travelers Cafe. Nobody was giving points for originality back then.