|← Previous Photo||Next Photo →|
Date of photo: Late 1800s
This is the Carson Armory on east Second Street. It was built in 1882, and the landscaping here suggests that it is new in this shot. In the foreground are the V&T Railroad tracks. This branch line followed Stewart Street out of town to the south, and ended up at the wood yard where the lumber from Lake Tahow was stacked up. Later the line to Minden used these same tracks.
Date Uploaded: June 9, 2008
Source: Scanned Photo (eBay)