← Previous Photo
B Street, Virginia City
Next Photo →
Wells Fargo Bank and Express Office

Consolidated Virginia Vaults

Date of photo: 1937
Photographer: Robert W. Kerrigan

Source: Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Tags: consolidatedvirginia, stpaulsepiscopalchurch, virginiacity,

Available Sizes: 563x800 | 721x1024 | 1443x2048 | 3273x4643

Library of Congress


The Consolidated Virginia Mine was located between E and F Streets in Virginia City. It was the home of the "Big Bonanza", the largest deposit of silver on the entire Comstock. But by the 20th century most of the ore had been extracted and the mines were closed. In 1937 all that remained of the mine's building was this 2-story vault, located right off Union Street between E and F. St. Paul's Episcopal Church can be seen behind the trees on the left.


⇓ Download This Photo

To download this photo, choose a size below, then right-click and select "Save As".

140x200 | 176x250 | 352x500 | 563x800 | 721x1024 | 1443x2048 | 3273x4643

⇓ Embed This Photo

To embed this photo in a blog or web page, choose a size below, then copy and paste the HTML or wiki code from the box.

140x200 | 176x250 | 352x500 | 563x800

HTML code

Wiki markup

Other Data

Date Uploaded: January 24, 2024

Permanent Link: http://wnhpc.com/details/habs104179p

Source: Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Source URL: https://www.loc.gov/item/nv0082/

Source Caption: Brick Vaults, Office of Consolidated Virginia Mining Company, Virginia City, Storey County, NV

Post A Comment