|← Previous Photo||Next Photo →|
Date of photo: Late 1800s
The Joe. Douglass was a locomotive that ran on the Dayton, Sutro & Carson Valley Railroad. In fact it was the only locomotive on the line, which stretched between the towns of Dayton and Sutro in the Dayton Valley. The engine was built in 1882 and saw service until around 1900, when it was sold to a California company to help build the Lake Arrowhead Dam. After the dam was finished the locomotive somehow survived for decades, passing between different owners, until it was sold to the Nevada State Railroad Museum in 1994. It's still in the museum's collection today.
Date Uploaded: September 29, 2008
View on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/scottschrantz/2901548950