|← Previous Photo||Next Photo →|
Date of photo: 1860s
The Warm Spring's Hotel in eastern Eagle Valley is seen here in the 1860s. This hotel was built in 1860 by Abe Curry on the site of a natural hot spring. The hotel was used as a meeting place by the Nevada Territorial Legislature, and within a couple of years was bought by the state government and turned into a prison. At the time of this photo it was still being used as a hotel. The stagecoach out front is on its way from Carson City to the Comstock, with stops at Silver City and Virginia. This was still several years before the V&T Railroad was built, so the stagecoach was the best way to travel between Carson and Virginia. The original hotel building burned in 1867.
Date Uploaded: September 3, 2008
Source: Nevada Appeal, June 7, 2009