← Previous Photo
Robert M Howland
Next Photo →
Lewis R. Bradley

Warm Spring's Hotel

Date of photo: 1860s
Photographer: Unknown

Permanent Link: http://wnhpc.com/details/photo0024
Shortlink: http://wnhpc.com/d/414
Tags: carsoncity fifthstreet warmspringshotel

Description

The Warm Spring's Hotel in eastern Eagle Valley is seen here in the 1860s. This hotel was built in 1860 by Abe Curry on the site of a natural hot spring. The hotel was used as a meeting place by the Nevada Territorial Legislature, and within a couple of years was bought by the state government and turned into a prison. At the time of this photo it was still being used as a hotel. The stagecoach out front is on its way from Carson City to the Comstock, with stops at Silver City and Virginia. This was still several years before the V&T Railroad was built, so the stagecoach was the best way to travel between Carson and Virginia. The original hotel building burned in 1867.

Actions

⇓ Download This Photo

To download this photo, choose a size below, then right-click and select "Save As".

200x90 | 250x113 | 500x227 | 800x363 | 1024x465 | 2048x930

⇓ Embed This Photo

To embed this photo in a blog or web page, choose a size below, then copy and paste the HTML or wiki code from the box.

200x90 | 250x113 | 500x227 | 800x363

HTML code

Wiki markup

Other Data

Date Uploaded: September 3, 2008

Source: Nevada Appeal, June 7, 2009


Post A Comment