|← Previous Photo||Next Photo →|
Date of photo: 1877
Photographer: Carleton Watkins
In the 1800s, Spooner Summit was the point where logs from the mills at Glenbrook were unloaded from train cars and loaded into a flume to be sent down to Carson City. The train is seen in the center of the photo, and the flumes are seen at the bottom. This operation was owned by the Carson & Tahoe Lumber & Fluming Company. The locomotive pictured is either the Glenbrook or its sister the Tahoe.
Date Uploaded: January 31, 2019
Source: Carson City: The Early Years