|← Previous Photo||Next Photo →|
Date of photo: 1884
This is the heart of the Mound House railroad yards. To the left is the standard gauge Virginia and Truckee, to the right is the narrow gauge Carson and Colorado. Mound House was the junction and transfer point for the two lines, where freight and passengers were swapped between the two.
A section gang sits on the V&T tracks, and a C&C train is waiting at the depot.
Date Uploaded: February 2, 2009
Source: The Silver Short Line