← Previous Photo
Supreme Court Construction
Next Photo →
Nevada State Museum

Warren Engine Company Firehouse

Date of photo: 1939
Photographer: Louis Nelson

Permanent Link: http://wnhpc.com/details/rw248
Shortlink: http://wnhpc.com/d/3830
Tags: carsoncity curryengineco downtowncc geohmeyershardware ioofhall musserstreet warrenengineco

Available Sizes: 800x392 | 1024x502 | 1419x697

Ron Allen

Description

The Warren Engine Co. #1 was one of Carson City's first firehouses, here at the northeast corner of Curry and Musser Streets. It was built in 1864, and has been occupied at various times by all three of Carson City's historic all-volunteer fire companies, the Curry, Swift, and Warren Engine Companies. The Warrens stayed here until the 1950s, when a new headquarters was built across the street.

This building is now part of the Secretary of State's office.

In the background you can see Geo. H. Meyers Hardware. In the far distance is the Oddfellows Hall.

Actions

⇓ Download This Photo

To download this photo, choose a size below, then right-click and select "Save As".

200x98 | 250x122 | 500x245 | 800x392 | 1024x502 | 1419x697

⇓ Embed This Photo

To embed this photo in a blog or web page, choose a size below, then copy and paste the HTML or wiki code from the box.

200x98 | 250x122 | 500x245 | 800x392

HTML code

Wiki markup

Other Data

Date Uploaded: June 8, 2019

Source: Remember When - 1858-1950


Post A Comment