|← Previous Photo||Next Photo →|
After the Virginia and Truckee Railroad was abandoned in 1950, engine #27 was donated to the State of Nevada. Not having any kind of facility or preservation program to keep it in good condition, the locomotive and two railcars were put on display various places around town. In 1958 they were on display on Hwy 395 on the north end of Carson City, in front of the Sky Vue Drive-In. This location is currently the Northgate Plaza shopping center.