← Previous Photo
George's Den
Next Photo →
Primadonna

Spudnut Shop

Photographer: Unknown

Source: Reno Gazette Journal

Tags: reno, spudnut,

Description

The Spudnut Shop at 407 West 4th Street in Reno. Spudnuts were a donut made from potato flour

Actions

⇓ Download This Photo

To download this photo, choose a size below, then right-click and select "Save As".

150x200 | 187x250 | 375x500 | 600x800

⇓ Embed This Photo

To embed this photo in a blog or web page, choose a size below, then copy and paste the HTML or wiki code from the box.

150x200 | 187x250 | 375x500 | 600x800

HTML code

Wiki markup

Other Data

Date Uploaded: June 9, 2024

Permanent Link: http://wnhpc.com/details/photo1687

Source: Reno Gazette Journal

Source URL: https://www.rgj.com/picture-gallery/life/2015/03/02/91-well-known-reno-businesses-and-houses-that-have-closed/23251199/

Source Caption: SPUDNUT SHOP: Traffic was jammed on Fourth Street – Highway 40 – for blocks in both directions on May 2, 1947, when the Spudnut Shop on Fourth and Nevada streets opened, offering the only true doughnuts available locally and becoming an institution that would endure until it closed in the early 1960s. In this photo, Owen Sorensen stands in front of Reno's Spudnut doughnut shop, which opened in 1947. Provided By Marie Sorensen


Post A Comment