|← Previous Photo||Next Photo →|
Date of photo: July 4th, 1970
The Tahoe Trout Creek & Pacific Railroad was a tourist steam railroad that ran at South Lake Tahoe during the summers of 1970 and 1971. This line ran from Hwy 50 near Al Tahoe Blvd and followed Trout Creek south to Martin Avenue. Tracks were laid right on the dirt without gravel. The locomotive was Hawaii Railway #5, built in 1925 for a Hawaiian sugar plantation. This photo is from the inaugural day of the railroad, July 4th, 1970.