|← Previous Photo||Next Photo →|
The Warren Engine Co. #1 was one of Carson City's first firehouses, here at the northeast corner of Curry and Musser Streets. It was built in 1864, and has been occupied at various times by all three of Carson City's historic all-volunteer fire companies, the Curry, Swift, and Warren Engine Companies. At the time of this picture, the Currys occupied the building. This is also before the stone bell tower had been built on the corner. The Warrens stayed here until the 1950s, when a new headquarters was built across the street.
This building is now part of the Secretary of State's office.
Date Uploaded: June 17, 2013