← Previous Photo
Train at Minden
Next Photo →
V&T Leaving Carson

Arlington Hotel

Date of photo: July 1953
Photographer: William C. Corbett

Contributor: Hart Corbett
Permanent Link: http://wnhpc.com/details/photo0006
Shortlink: http://wnhpc.com/d/349
Tags: arlingtonhotel carsoncity carsonstreet downtowncc grayreidwrightbuilding robinsonstreet

Available Sizes: 800x532 | 1024x680 | 1800x1197

Hart Corbett Collection

Description

The red brick of the Arlington Hotel shines brightly in this color photo of downtown Carson. Here on the west side of Carson, between Spear and Robinson, are the hulking Arlington and the smaller Gray Reid Wright Building next door to the left. In that building is the Western Auto Supply Co., Carl L Cathey proprietor. Next door on the ground floor of the Arlington is the Scheri Shop, Lingerie and Novelties. Next to the guy on the ladder working on the awning you can see a barber's pole mounted on the building, and the next storefront down is the Coffee Shop. Then at the end of the building is the lobby for the hotel, and the Arlington Bar.

Actions

⇓ Download This Photo

To download this photo, choose a size below, then right-click and select "Save As".

200x133 | 250x166 | 500x332 | 800x532 | 1024x680 | 1800x1197

⇓ Embed This Photo

To embed this photo in a blog or web page, choose a size below, then copy and paste the HTML or wiki code from the box.

200x133 | 250x166 | 500x332 | 800x532

HTML code

Wiki markup

Other Data

Date Uploaded: May 7, 2008

Source: Scanned Photo

Source Caption: Arlington Hotel in late 1950s or early 1960s. William C. Corbett photo, Hart Corbett Collection. Copyrighted.


Post A Comment