|← Previous Photo||Next Photo →|
Date of photo: 1900
Photographer: J.M. Johnson
This is the Carson City Federal Building on Carson Street, which housed the post office until 1970. Today it is named the Paul Laxalt Building. The caption reads:The Federal Building (P.O., U.S. Land Office, U.S. Dist Court, U.S. Weather Service) at Carson Nev. Taken by J.M. Johnson in 1900.
In the back along Spear Street we see a sign for the Emporium, the Excelsior Hotel, and the Carson Opera House.
Date Uploaded: June 9, 2008