← Previous Photo
Chollar Mining Co
Next Photo →
V&T Freight Depot, 1950s

V&T Enginehouse, 1950s

Date of photo: Early 1950s
Photographer: John Nulty

Contributor: BBkld (via Flickr)
Permanent Link: http://wnhpc.com/details/flickr4040843542
Shortlink: http://wnhpc.com/d/1063
Tags: carsoncity vtenginehouse vtrailroad

Available Sizes: 800x620 | 1024x794

Nevada State Library and Archives

Description

This photo by John Nulty shows the Carson City enginehouse and yards of the Virginia and Truckee Railroad in the early 1950s. The final run of the V&T was May 31, 1950, and the tracks were taken up soon afterwards. This shows the remnants after the rails were removed. Weeds are starting to reclaim the yards here, but Stewart Street has not yet been extended through the old turntable area yet. The enginehouse would stand until 1991 when it was finally demolished.

Actions

⇓ Download This Photo

To download this photo, choose a size below, then right-click and select "Save As".

200x155 | 250x193 | 500x387 | 800x620 | 1024x794

⇓ Embed This Photo

To embed this photo in a blog or web page, choose a size below, then copy and paste the HTML or wiki code from the box.

200x155 | 250x193 | 500x387 | 800x620

HTML code

Wiki markup

Other Data

Date Uploaded: October 25, 2009

Source: Flickr

Source URL: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbkld/4040843542

Source Caption: Undated picture from the John Nulty Collection at the Nevada State Library and Archives.

View on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bbkld/4040843542


Post A Comment