|← Previous Photo||Next Photo →|
This panorama photo looks west from the Capitol Dome, up a muddy King Street. This was taken after 1875, because in the lower right corner you can see the iron fence around the Capitol that Hannah Clapp had built that year.
A few landmarks can be seen in this view. On the right side of King Street, at the corner of Ormsby (now Curry) Street, the bulk of the Rinckel Mansion can be seen. The steeple behind that belongs to the First Presbyterian Church, and further to the right the steeple of the Methodist Church stands out white against the distant farmlands.
In the right foreground, along Carson Street, is the Great Basin Hotel. The hotel was built by Abraham Curry, and rented out as offices for the government of Carson City. Today that's the site of the Ormsby County Courthouse.
At the far left, the original Ormsby House stands at the corner of Carson and Second streets.
Date Uploaded: February 16, 2008
Permanent Link: http://wnhpc.com/details/flickr2190921158
Contributor: BBkld (via Flickr)
Source URL: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbkld/2190921158
Source Caption: Undated picture from the Nevada State Library and Archives.
View on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bbkld/2190921158