← Previous Photo
East Fork Hotel Bar Demolition
Next Photo →
Virginia City

Virginia City

Date of photo: 1860’s
Photographer: Julius Asher

Source: Facebook: Nevada Armored Transport, Inc. 1946-1984

Tags: stpaulsepiscopalchurch, virginiacity,

Description

Looking east in Virginia City towards Six Mile Canyon in the 1860s. The large building is St. Paul's Episcopal Church. Most of these buildings, including the church, burned in the Great Fire of October 26, 1875.

Actions

⇓ Download This Photo

To download this photo, choose a size below, then right-click and select "Save As".

183x200 | 229x250 | 458x500 | 618x674

⇓ Embed This Photo

To embed this photo in a blog or web page, choose a size below, then copy and paste the HTML or wiki code from the box.

183x200 | 229x250 | 458x500 | 618x674

HTML code

Wiki markup

Other Data

Date Uploaded: December 16, 2020

Permanent Link: http://wnhpc.com/details/fb4641326575937946

Contributor: Nevada Armored Transport, Inc. 1946-1984 on Facebook

Source: Facebook: Nevada Armored Transport, Inc. 1946-1984

Source URL: https://www.facebook.com/NevadaArmoredTransport/photos/a.1830195527051079/4641326575937946/

Source Caption: Single frame photo of housing & the 1st St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, founded September 1861, that was built in Virginia City, Nevada photographed in stereoscopic by Julius Asher c. 1860’s.It was partially or totally destroyed in the “Great Fire” of October 1875 & rebuilt in 1876.*stereoscopic view below.**Much thanks to Joe Stel & our friends in “A Tahoe & Northern Nevada History” page for helping in our correct identification of this great photo!


Post A Comment