|← Previous Photo||Next Photo →|
Date of photo: 1930
Photographer: Charles C. Pierce
The Mackay School of Mines on the UNR campus was built in 1908, named for John Mackay, one of the silver barons of Virginia City, and paid for by his heirs. In front of the building is a statue of John Mackay, sculpted by Gutzon Borglum, who later went on to carve Mount Rushmore.
Date Uploaded: January 11, 2009
Source: USC Digital Archive