|← Previous Photo||Next Photo →|
Date of photo: 1950s
This is the stone V&T enginehouse, abandoned after the railroad closed down. In the foreground is the pit where the turntable used to be. The railroad stopped running in 1950, and this picture is not too much later. By the end of the decade Stewart Street had been extended through the middle of the picture and the pit was developed over.
Date Uploaded: January 22, 2013
Source: Facebook: Jed Block