← Previous Photo
Old Post Office, Carson City
Next Photo →
Sutro Tunnel Entrance

Liberty Fire House, Gold Hill

Date of photo: 1937
Photographer: Robert W. Kerrigan

Permanent Link: http://wnhpc.com/details/habs104113pu
Shortlink: http://wnhpc.com/d/24
Tags: comstock goldhill libertyfirehouse

Available Sizes: 800x572 | 1024x732 | 2048x1464 | 5000x3575

Courtesy of Library of Congress

Description

The Liberty Fire House in Gold Hill was located along Main Street, near the Virginia and Truckee Railroad tracks. It was built during the era of the Big Bonanza, but by the time of this picture in the 1930s, it was on its last legs with a noticeable lean. It was demolished later in the 20th century. The bell tower was preserved and was incorporated into a small monument on the site of the old fire house. It is still there today.

Actions

⇓ Download This Photo

To download this photo, choose a size below, then right-click and select "Save As".

200x143 | 250x178 | 500x357 | 800x572 | 1024x732 | 2048x1464 | 5000x3575

⇓ Embed This Photo

To embed this photo in a blog or web page, choose a size below, then copy and paste the HTML or wiki code from the box.

200x143 | 250x178 | 500x357 | 800x572

HTML code

Wiki markup

Other Data

Date Uploaded: June 18, 2007

Source: Historic American Buildings Survey (Library of Congress)

Source URL: http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/hhh.nv0069

Source Caption: Historic American Buildings Survey Robert W. Kerrigan, Photographer March 1937 HABS NEV,15-GOLD,1-1


Post A Comment